Position: News Reporter
Company: The Manitoban
Salary: $200 biweekly
Term: October 2022 – April 2023
About the position: Each reporter will be responsible for providing fair and accurate coverage of campus, local, national and international events and issues. This position requires the ability to learn and adhere to a news-writing style, and a desire to strive for objectivity. Reporters are expected to produce two (2) articles, or the equivalent of 1,000-1,500 words, per issue of the Manitoban.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- An interest in campus news and student governance is an asset.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is also an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a student or have been a student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. Oct. 1, 2022.