Company: The Manitoban
Salary: $100 biweekly
Term: October 2023 – April 2024
About the position: The columnist will be responsible for providing informed and insightful coverage of campus, local, national, and international events and issues. This position requires the ability to write in an engaging style. Columnists are expected to produce one (1) article, or the equivalent of 750 words, per issue of the Manitoban.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is also an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a student or have been a student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
- An interest in student governance and campus news is an asset.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. Sept. 24, 2023.