Position: Comment Editor
Company: The Manitoban
Salary: $500 biweekly
About the Position: The Manitoban is the official students’ newspaper of the University of Manitoba. The Comment Editor is responsible for coordinating the editorial and comment sections, including cultivating a variety of perspectives and opinions to foster debate. Regular duties include attending weekly meetings on Monday and Wednesday evenings, delegating stories to columnists and volunteers, editing articles and ensuring copy meets editorial standards.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- An interest in current events, particularly focused on local and campus news, is an asset.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is also an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a post-secondary student or have been a post-secondary student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm May 28, 2020.