Position: Arts & Culture Editor
Company: The Manitoban
Salary: $400 biweekly
About the Position: The Manitoban is the official students’ newspaper of the University of Manitoba. The Arts and Culture Editor is responsible for co-ordinating coverage of the local arts and culture scene. Applicants should have a passion for, and a desire to write about, arts, entertainment, and culture related topics. The ability to write, review, preview and interview for articles is of particular importance. Regular duties include attending weekly meetings on Monday and Wednesday evenings, delegating stories to reporters and volunteers, editing articles and ensuring copy meets editorial standards.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is an asset.
- Interest in covering local music, art and other events is also an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a post-secondary student or have been a post-secondary student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to email@example.com by 11:59 pm May 28, 2020.